Social media is a mission field at our teenagers’ fingertips.
All they need is a little coaching (for help with this, check out A 4 Minute Crash Course in Sharing Your Faith)—along with some prayer and some guts. But with those three key ingredients in place, they can begin to build an environment on their social media platforms that humbly, yet clearly, communicates the hope they have in Jesus and the difference their faith makes in their lives.
Social media is a mission field at our teenagers’ fingertips. Click To Tweet
Try This! ❯
Challenge your students to choose one spiritually thought-provoking conversation starter and post it on their social media platforms this week.
Challenge your students to choose a few of the following spiritually thought-provoking conversation starters and post them via their social media platforms. Or better yet, challenge them to come up with their own conversation starters!
- Experiencing God’s forgiveness in my own life challenges me to be less judgmental of others because…
- Who do you think Jesus was? Lord, liar or a lunatic?
- Here’s why I know I’ll go to heaven after I die…
- My youth group is doing ___________ this week. Come join us!
- My personal relationship with Jesus made a difference in my life this week by…
- The most hopeful thing in my life is… What do you put your hope on?
Model one or more of these yourself in your own social media interactions as you challenge your students to do likewise! Ask them to come back to youth group next week ready to share what they did and what happened.
Want more practical advice on mobilizing your teens to share the gospel? All of our Mobilize stories offer great ideas for training your students and building a Gospel Advancing Ministry. Sign up here to receive this free, hands-on, weekly resource in your inbox!